- Mentoring Young people with SEND
- Talentino was commissioned to write the new SEND Gatsby Benchmark Toolkit
- Founding Partner Brandon Mills Head Teacher Brookfields School
- Read our new Social Impact report
- New for Primary Schools – STEM skills employability
- Employers make THE difference to young people with SEND
- Our careers model for young people with SEND – ‘Same and Different’
Talentino!® 5 hours ago
Our Vision is to improve social, educational, personal and economic outcomes for ALL young people especially those with SEND and learning difficulties through high quality career development and proactive engagement with employers to amplify their engagement with Special Schools via our new Campaign 2 You AND Me working: The New Normal
You can find us in over 75 Special Schools around the country in 18 LEP areas as well as in mainstream schools and special projects, for example Young Carers and Looked after children
WHO WE ARE
We are a team of senior business professionals who have joined forces to create an award-winning model to professionalise the conversations that you are having with young peolple. This might be from teachers, from Careers Leaders, or from Employee Mentors from the world of business!
WHAT WE DO
We train your school staff and employer volunteers to run our career development programmes for mainstream schools, Special Schools and Primary Schools all of which deliver against the Gatsby Benchmarks.
It’s in the Box! is a career coaching programme which enables pupils in Year 7 to 13 to make better career decisions by exploring options, creating career development plans, engaging with employers and developing employability skills
Careers at Every Level is a careers programme for young people with a range of learning difficulties which improves the possibility and probability of paid work through classroom based career coaching, employer engagement including work experience and Enterprise
Bambino is an careers programme for Primary Schools helping children develop STEM Employability Skills through Enterprise projects and is cross curricular
Campaign 2 is our new national campaign to enable every school leaver from a Special School to be offered a paid job or training scheme in the next 5 years. Read more on our Employer page.
Catcote Academy Aspire
Our promotional video to showcase our work with local businesses which is helping to improve the work skills of our students and prepare them for their futures. Please take a moment to look at the film and feel free to share it with others. We would be especially interested if any of you, or your friends, may have any opportunities in their business for our students. #focusonwhatweCANdoPosted by Catcote Academy on Saturday, 15 July 2017
WHAT WE ARE PROUD OF – SO FAR!
- Our impact measurement shows young people in our schools are achieving improved outcomes
- We have trained nearly 1000 Early Career Coaches with 10,000 young people in scope, 4000 of which have learning difficulties
- First participants on the Careers at Every Level programme for young people with learning difficulties are getting job offers.
- We have won places on the Big Issue Caterpillar Cocoon, Big Venture Challenge (Unltd), Young Foundation and the Ernst and Young Social Enterprise Accelerate programme.
- We hold the Matrix Quality Award for Careers
- Our full programme is accredited by the European Mentoring & Coaching Council!
- Work Experience Guide for young people preparing for adulthood.
You tell us...